Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Right

I miss being right all the time. Or at least the confidence I used to have that I was always right. Right so often that when I finally was wrong...I had to sign a sheet of paper to show it was genuine. Maybe you could call that stubbornness....
I just feel like I used to be the no nonsense girl that was cutthroat when she needed to be and didn't take any prisoners.
Like when I told my principal off....Or when I wrote a very frank email.....
I think I know the day it changed. I think it stemmed from words from a very angry man who never apologized to me...just my mother, and crying the in Mr. Weishar's office to get the administration off my back. I think it came from dealing with people and being left out.
I think those were the times I had to grow up.
As Shakespeare might put it....the shrew has been tamed.
Maybe this realization that I don't really know anything comes from growing up. From understanding that my parents just improvised and were just are just as scared as I am about growing up and getting older.
Because just when I thought I had things figured out something comes along and opens my eyes a little wider. I realized all I could have and that life just wouldn't work without it.
I am so confused.
Times like this make me miss the days when I was always right.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Take a bit of advice from Chic Flics. How many of them are about someone who has everything under control and then suddenly gets swept off their feet into something they cant control? How many books, movies, plays are about that same thing? Its a fact of life, we love our safe little bubbles. But its the life outside them that is truly what we need and crave. Maybe thats why everyone likes to pop those bubbles that little kids blow.