Friday, June 17, 2011

The Story of Us [Part One]

I was 16 and boy crazy. Now that I'm a little older I see all the wasted days sitting on MSN Messenger waiting for some boy I had a crush on to get online so I could IM them...it was the cool thing to do once upon a time. I promise.
Facebook was still new and no one had ever heard of it. I had less than 20 friends and assured my parents how different from Myspace it was. It was June and I felt grown up working at Firstline Security.
I was trying to pull three jobs that summer. I worked most mornings at the PG Library teaching my little class of three year olds and filling up helium balloons for hours on end. I would then go work at Firstline and then on the weekends I was a caterer.
I was also trying to play on a softball team. And that was exactly how I met you. I didn't know many people at Firstline, but I knew my best friend Hayley did. She has this knack for knowing everyone, so I felt pretty safe asking her if she knew anyone to pick up my shift so I could go to my tournament game. She was sitting next to you and she asked you if you would take it. I remember being really embarrassed she had asked you when I was right there because I could tell you were older than me...and I as boy crazy as I was it didn't make me not nervous.
I know you said no...and I remember walking away embarrassed and hoping I would never see you again. But I would see you again. I don't remember if I ever made it to that game. But I remember meeting you and that was what mattered. That was the beginning of the story even though I didn't know it at the time.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I really want to read part 2.