Monday, January 23, 2012

The Married Life

Finally I can blog about a success in the kitchen. I'm feeling pretty good about dinner last night and fancy. I made Cafe Rio pork enchiladas. Mark enjoys them and I enjoyed using my crock pot for the first time. Did I burn anything? No. Did it taste bland? Definitely not. Hooray!
In other news I officially hate Tuesdays. I start off my day at Logan High School at 7:30 in the morning, and end it on campus at 7 at night. Yeah that's right almost 12 hours in classes. Kill me. Thursdays are marginally better. I'm at least done by 3 and get to come home...which is nice. But let me tell ya about 5:00 or so and I'm sitting in class thinking only 2 more hours...yeah longest period of time throughout the entire day.
Although it is kind of entertaining being back in a high school setting. I know I've been out of high school too long though...I have forgotten how to fight through massive throngs of people in hallways. I'm short enough I still  get trampled. Some things never change.
Neither do funny quotes.
"I know that some of you may get urges to touch one another. Don't. If you touch each other you will get chlamydia and you will die." - Mr. Isom
As Evan is introducing himself (fellow student teacher): "I've been in school so long at USU I'm what you call a super senior."
Student: "Does that mean you like...got held back in college?"
Evan: "No..."
Random boy: "Hey...are you new?"
Me: "No, I'm your student teacher."
*Awkward silence*
Student: Mrs. Poole?
Me: *Not paying any attention*
Student: Mrs. Poole?
Me: *Realizing they are talking to me* Oh wait?? What?

Also....wedding pictures...yeah still waiting on them. Will post them when I get them. Keep your fingers crossed they're this week.

1 comment:

TaytertheTotter said...

Dear Mikayla, I literally just laughed out loud. :) It makes me feel better about getting asked which high school I go to. Love you! :)