Friday, March 18, 2011

Nursery

My mother is in the Primary Presidency of our ward. So when I go home it is not uncommon for her to ask me to either teach a class or help with sharing time or something.
Well this past weekend my mother asked me to go help out in nursery. This is probably the best calling. Ever.
First the kids watched a video about what the creation. I even enjoyed this video...it played awesome music while showing animals and fish. It was entertaining.
Then we got to do a lesson...which I don't actually remember anything about because I was too busy watching this little boy try to put the moves on the only girl in nursery. He kept scooting close to her and putting his face right next to hers. Then I moved him over by me so he just tried to make a break for it. It was quite funny.
We all went on a walk...and the little kids get to choose an animal loop and we basically keep them on a leash while we go on the walk. Little lover boy from before turned out to be a bit of a handful. He kept letting go of his animal and trying to play with other things around the church. Eventually he just told me to carry him and I did.
Finally it was time to play with toys. This is where the real hilarity ensues. Little Quaid decided to play with a toy camera. It was one of the kind that if you pushed the picture button a picture inside the camera changed. He didn't realize this until I told him to look in the little hole. He tried to look at it with both eyes...which was funny, but eventually exclaimed, "There's a bird in there! How do we get it out?" He was extremely concerned for about ten minutes over the bird inside the camera. I about fell off my chair laughing.
I think that if my mom sticks me in nursery each week I might actually go home.


No comments: