Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Christmas Break.

I had all of these great intentions about blogging throughout Christmas break before life gets crazy busy with student teaching and everything, and then the Xbox arrived and pretty much everything I planned on went out the window. Oops.
Mark and I had a wonderful break.
Tucanos with my family plus Coulson's friend Jake. He's basically family.
Christmas on Christmas Eve with Mark's family. (I got an amazing sewing machine, and now I just need a project to use it on. My in-laws are seriously the best yo.)
Christmas Eve dinner with my family.
Christmas morning with my family. Halo party after breakfast with my dad, Couslon, and Mark. It was pretty epic. Coulson wasted all of us.
Playing our new game Ticket to Ride: Europe....twice on Christmas and once just about every day after that.
Shopping for teaching clothes. I look totally professional guys, I might actually pass as older than 16 in these awesome clothes.
Eye doctor and dentist in one day. Who planned that? Oh wait....I did. Boo.
Anniversary weekend at the Hyatt in SLC.
Les Miserables and Happy Sumo. Great combo.
Shopping in Salt Lake with the hubs. Plus he looked quite dapper in his sweater and wool coat I got him for Christmas.
Jessi's Farewell. This girl is going to be an amazing missionary. The people of Armenia are very lucky.
Room service. Since after a 9 a.m. farewell in PG all we wanted to do was watch movies in sweats at the hotel. Lazy Sunday.
Visiting Amy and Jake, and our sweet niece Charlotte. Charlotte put my shoes on and walked around the house, it was pretty much adorable. And then Amy beat me at Ticket to Ride, she has been the only one except Mark who can do that.
Back to reality. Are we lame because we went to sleep at 10:30 on New Years? Probably. I missed my bed though. Hadn't slept in it for a week and a half.
Now it is back to reality for the both of us. A week and a half off work was incredible break that we both really needed, and the PTO didn't hurt either.
Up next: skiing/snowboarding on Friday. It's not supposed to snow, but if you want to do a snow dance for us, we really would love some powder.

No comments: