Friday, October 15, 2010

Once upon a time.....

I lived in the days full of high school angst. With boys that broke hearts, and some best friends who decided never to take crap from anyone. I made a rediscovery of this yesterday in the form of Unwritten Sympathy.
My favorite part is still the rambling on prom night where Kait and I were both a little bummed we didn't get to go. At 16 it seemed pretty important.
Oh what those 16 year old girls didn't know.
Kait would eventually end up with Casey....but then life would happen and of course it wouldn't work out.
Morgan would still be a douche...he probably isn't today, but he's imprinted in my mind as such.
We would eventually go to way more dances that we really wanted to. So missing prom really wouldn't seem like a big deal.
We never did anything else with Unwritten Sympathy...mostly because we moved on and lived our lives.
Kait would still be in love someone who didn't know it. I would deal with things totally unexpected....at least to me.


And we would still be best friends more than three years, several hundred miles, and lots of broken hearts later.
Love ya Kait!

No comments: