Sunday, April 20, 2008

Prom, need I say more?

Prom is 13 days away. I have my dress, my shoes, someone to do my hair, and I'll take care of the whole guy's flower thing next week. But I can't help but feel utterly unprepared. It's probably because my dress still needs to be hemmed and I can't walk in my stillettos to save my life.
I vacuumed in my stillettos today. I was trying really hard not to fall off of them. I'm glad to report I didn't but my feet are screaming at me. Oh well. The things us girls do for guys.
My dress is fuschia. I think that's how it's spelled. My brother calls it hot pink...but it's not. I love the dress, but I'm not sold on the color. There's this look the people at the dress place get when you try on the perfect dress, usually you know that it's perfect too. This was the 8th dress I tried on, I'm thinking they were all acting because I walked in front of the huge mirror and they all like simultaneously had the face on and told me it was the one.
With some bribing on my mother's part...half the cost of the dress, roughly 150 dollars. I bought it. And now I have a pink dress. Which I have to admit I'm excited to wear the dress, but I am so scared of the color. Can I even pull off that color? I feel utterly naked in that dress, which is completely modest. Too late now, they only have a 3 day return policy. Here goes nothing.

No comments: