Monday, June 7, 2010

It's alright, It's alright, It's alright...

My dearest friend Kait reminded me in her blog post of just how much I love the song "Hero" by Regina Spektor. It's a good song for right now.
Something changed last night for me. I don't know exactly what it is but suddenly I just wasn't sad anymore. Tys and I were just talking because Jordan opened his mission call (He's going to Tulsa, OK on August 4th) and he was driving me home.
Suddenly we said goodbye and I wasn't on the verge of tears like I had been all weekend. Did I just randomly get over it? Because I'm kind of sitting here like WTF? What happened to me being all torn up about this? Not that I mind...it's just strange to be feeling one way and then to suddenly feel different.
I'm not sad. I'm not over the moon happy either. I'm just here. I don't know if that makes sense. I'm really confused. I'm not asking for the sadness to come back I'm just wondering how it got the heck out of dodge so fast. That would be a nice little thing to turn on and off whenever I want to.
Maybe I'm just dealing with things finally. I like dealing. Maybe this is a good thing.

No comments: