Monday, June 14, 2010

I'm not quite sure what to call this...

Most people are just about as happy as they decide themselves to be. - Abraham Lincoln
Lincoln had a pretty good point here. I guess a lot of times we don't always have the control we would like over our emotions. Jealousy is one thing I'm praticularly prone to; even when it doesn't make any sense to me.
I've always been a big admirer of the people that are always happy even when they have no reason to be. Life can get frustrating and things tend to fall apart, but it's all in the way we handle things. I don't have a lot of patience for the people that decide they can't be happy, because it's just that, a decision.
Being happy is not when your bank account reaches a certain amount, or a destination. Being happy is a decision. So life can kick you down and run all over you, but you can still be happy.
I'm not saying you need to be an eternal optimist, that's actually kind of annoying. But decide that you can be happy whatever happens. Thats the key.

No comments: