Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Malware....

So once upon a time I was working, and not being the most diligent employee...seeing as I was surfing the net in between calls...when suddenly this nasty program HDD Diagnostics installed itself on my computer.
So I turned my computer off. When I turned it back on the malware was still running and giving me some weird errors and asking me to pay a bunch of money. It's a really good thing Mark was available to come and save the day.
Since his dad is a computer engineer, we were in pretty good hands. We removed the malware...did a system restore back to a day when we knew the system was clean, and then reran the malware scan.
Unfortunately, the malware somehow crippled my Mcaffee making it pretty much useless. When I tried to uninstall and reinstall it, Mcaffee couldn't do it. So rather than messing around in the registry trying to delete files I just decided to purchase a new antivirus.
I've now go Norton, which Mark and his father inform me is better than Mcaffee anyways. But I'm pretty happy with it so far and my computer seems to be up and running normally again. Thank heavens.
And that is why I didn't blog until today, as I couldn't get online because I didn't really have any protection. I just love computers sometimes.

No comments: