Sunday, August 7, 2011

Is that gluestick on my dress? Why yes it is.

My mother being in the primary presidency means that when they are completely out of ideas for someone who can sub a class I usually get asked to help out. I really don't mind, I plan on being a teacher anyways so it's worth it to me to go and do it a little.
Today I was asked to sub for the Sunbeams. I'm going to back up a little bit before I get into all of that though.
Megan and I first went to our singles ward...since I needed to pick up my recommend from Bishop Farnsworth anyways. We arrived a little early, seeing as we had to leave early to make it to our home ward. At that point I got a panicked phone call from my mom.
You see when I had pulled the Sunbeam manual out of the car the night before there was a picture frame of Jesus on top of it. I had already read through the lesson online and it seemed to me that the person I was subbing for had included that for the lesson. It did actually go with the lesson so it didn't seem like that much of a stretch.
The panicked phone call from my mother was because she could not find the picture of Jesus a little boy in the ward was supposed to be handed on the stand because he had just been baptized. I had accidentally stolen Jesus. So after figuring out a rendezvous point and being about 10 minutes late to my church....I got her the picture of Jesus in the nick of time.
Do you see how well the day was going so far? Well it went about that well during singing time and the lesson with the Sunbeams. They were running around and changing seats. The girls just wanted to sit on Megan's lap. Poor Megan, I had kind of been made aware of what I signed up for....Megan was just the friend that was awesome enough to come brave it with me. The kids were awfully cute.....just pretty much out of control.
We went on a walk....which was fine, except the kids kept trying to take off....and we made hippopotamus puppets that the kids chase each other around the room with.
And I have glue stick on my dress.
I'm going to count it as a success.

No comments: