Monday, August 1, 2011

The Story of Us [Part Four]

I needed you so much more than I ever realized that spring. Tensions with roommates made life really difficult for me. It didn't help that the strain of another relationship coming to a close was really getting at me. I needed someone to be there for me, who I could complain to about everything, without being worried it would get back to someone or that you'd judge me.
You were that perfect person. Our friendship was the source of tension in my current relationship. It's because everyone sees things long before I do. But I was starting to think about you again....about possibilities. I was never interested in doing anything but I was thinking about all the possibilities that would open up to me when he left.
But then we had another stumbling block on the way. You were in desperate need of a job. I tried to get you one at Pinnacle which backfired. It brought out the worst in both of us. We were both wrong in some aspect.
After that, I swore I would never date you. I said there was no chance of an us. But then he left. Once back in Logan I found myself in need of a friend again, and there you were.
We met up in the Eccles Science Building, in my very favorite spot. We caught up, it was so good to see you. I was really concerned with whether or not you thought my new outfit was cute, or if you thought I looked good. But you did say it was good to see me. That's a lot more than you ever said before. I smiled to myself when you said that because I was thinking, Well, it's a start.


No comments: