Sunday, August 28, 2011

The Story of Us [Part Six]

Our relationship has always been easy, we never have to think about it. It's always just worked for us. I thought being in a relationship might be weird for the both of us, but what I quickly discovered, was that it was just a great extension of our already strong friendship.
On our first actual date we went to a corn maze, and we got in big trouble for cutting through the corn. But everyone else was doing it....For the record that maze was built stupid.
For Halloween we went to Rock Haus and rock climbed. I don't particularly like rock climbing...I like it more now then I used to....but that was a great date. You always amaze me by how much you can do. Your upper body strength is incredible.
For my birthday you made me a quilt, which I loved. And for Valentine's Day we basically recreated our first date.
I think one of the things I like the best about us is how similar we are, in ways we never expect. I'm sure as life continues on we will find more ways we are similar that make us laugh because we thought we were the only ones weird enough to do those things.
I like that you take charge when we're shopping, and you carry all the heavy things and you want to do that. I like that you take care of me and that you know things I need often before I do, and you just take care of it all.
I'm still not sure how time with you can feel like a lifetime and yet only a few days.

No comments: