Sunday, August 21, 2011

The Story of Us [Part Five]

It was kind of funny how things began to fall into place...with another boy. Not you. There was a bit of a weird energy going on between us.
I liked confiding in you. It was safe, and you're so great at giving advice and sometimes knowing just when to listen. So I confided in you about this boy. It was nice because I didn't have to worry about you judging or interpreting things wrong. We were just friends. Or so I thought.
It was labor day weekend. You were giving me a ride back to PG and I was going to go to Sniagrab. You looked at me in the car and you told me that you liked me. I was so mad at you. I had just been telling you about how things were so confusing in my love life and you had the gall to tell me you liked me. I remember throwing it right back at you saying, "I think you're cool and all, I just don't want to date you." You back pedaled so fast. You told me you didn't really want to date me either and all of these things. And I asked you what you were looking for in telling me you liked me. You said you didn't know. I could tell I had hurt your feelings, but most of me didn't care because I was just so mad at you.
I dreaded riding back with you that Monday, I didn't want it to be awkward. I needed you as a friend. I said some more really ridiculous things and I'm not really sure if I remember what they were. But they weren't true. Because by that point I knew I was just scared of telling you how I really felt. Which was that I liked you too, but I didn't want to.
I know what we said. But we didn't really act like we had said it. We hung out quite a bit, doing homework, watching movies and going to football games. Do you remember that football game where we stood close together because that guy kept putting his butt into you? I do....I remember feeling the electricity and how close we were. It was strange, and new and exciting. And then we spent the rest of the night on opposite ends of my couch watching a movie.
Do you remember the first time we hugged? It seems like such a little thing, but we were very much no contact. That was a big step. Albeit an awkward one. 
We were quite silly. But then there was one night, while things were already slowly changing for us, where I really needed you. I had just dealt with a lot emotionally. I was freaking out. I called you, and told you I needed you. I met you at your apartment and cried my eyes out.
You were such a gentleman, but I was so scared I had freaked you out. But you were patient and way more concerned about making sure I was happy. And then it kind of clicked for us. And that was when our relationship began.
The next day I got a text from you, "Are we dating now? Because I don't just cuddle with friends like that." I remember I was getting ready for school when you said that and I laughed. Best DTR talk ever.

No comments: