Thursday, October 18, 2012

Marriage.

Do any of you ever have those moments where you look at your husband and wonder how they didn't starve to death prior to marrying you?
Tonight I thought that.
I had prepared everything in a way that I thought would be as easy as possible since Thai Peanut Noodles from OBB isn't the easiest thing to do alone. I had put the sauce together, waiting in the pan to be heated, noodles were on the stove and all Mark needed to do was cut the green onions, cilantro, and the pork, turn the heat on and stir.
I thought I had made this as simple as could be for my wonderful kitchen impaired husband.
I went back to work in the spare room and told him to get me when he thought the sauce might be done so I could check it. He said ok.
Ten minutes later the smoke detector was going off and Mark was standing at the stove looking very disheveled and stressed.
I just had to smile. It's nice to feel needed. Like that if Mark didn't have me he would eat microwave burritos every single night and probably not much else. Maybe he would get a pizza from Little Caesar's on occasion, and though he would probably never see a problem with it I'm glad that because of me he eats Thai Peanut Noodles on a regular basis.
I'm also glad that he gets scared in the kitchen. He can cut up the raw meat for me and I'll do everything else.
I'm a lucky girl, you see he can make waffles(breakfast is his specialty).
And I love him, especially when he is looking at me terrified from the stove.

No comments: