Saturday, January 30, 2010

Snowboarding!

Last night I had the great opportunity of going snowboarding with my best friend Hayley and her friends from UVU. At first I was a little weirded out because I came to find they were all RMs, but that made it more fun, I think.
All of the boys were freaking awesome like if they could land half the stuff they did hello amateur competitions. I know I'm a decent rider, but man I could never just go for jumps like do.
I haven't hit any jumps in a really long time. I'm a little freaked out by them since I've taken some spills back in the day.
I'm a really good rider now though so I have no idea what would happen if I even attempted a jump. The world would blow up or something I'm sure. So by not jumping, I'm really saving everyone from an inevitable death. I'm going to try a jump next time I go up. I promise.
Anyways the guys were way cool, and super patient with Hays who is just mastering her carving skills. She got way good at them by the end too. It was SWEET! It hurt her knee a little bit though, which totally sucks. Last year she tore just about every ligment in her knee so she had to wear a brace up boarding, but she did really really well.
I had a great time and got some sweet movie recommendations from Cole(?) who says I need to check out Bright Star, it's a movie about John Keats I guess. I don't know. I'm definitely going to have to look it up.

mr

1 comment:

Megan & Scott said...

mikayla your writing! hahah i'm excited i like reading about what you're doing. We never hung out :( and when are you coming down so i can give you that music?!

ps. julie and julia is one of the best movies. I loved it. The End.