Monday, September 17, 2012

Callings.

I used to have the most awesome calling ever. I was a visiting teaching supervisor. It was great. I sent out an email twice a month and occasionally delivered new assignments. It was a very easy calling.
Mark got called as the move coordinator in the Elder's Quorum. So I thought with all the new people moving in and people moving out that we were pretty safe.
Nope.
I should not think things like that because then we get saddled with something very different.
We are the new Marriage and Family Relations teachers. When they asked us to fill this calling I almost asked them if they had actually seen Mark and I together.
Let's be honest here, Mark and I are probably the most sarcastic people ever. We still love each other, but we just tease each other incessantly. Which is actually part of the reason why I love Mark, but moving on.
I didn't ask the bishopric anything. I just sat there in shock and let Mark do the talking.
After reflecting on the new calling I suppose we could have ended up with something harder like Gospel Doctrine or teaching the Family History class.
At least in our class you can play pictionary and actually tie it into the lesson. We totally did this yesterday and it was hysterically funny.
Yesterday was our second lesson, and let me tell you guys the first week was a little rough. So you can imagine my surprise when people who were there the first week actually came to our class again. Granted we did bring candy as kind of a psuedo-apology for being totally freaked out the first week. Plus we thought we might be able to bribe people into coming to our class. We're shameless over here.
If nothing else the class at least gets us to go to all three blocks, because we have 9 a.m. church and sometimes it is tempting to just go to Sacrament since it's the last block. We're not the only ones who do that right? Didn't think so.
P.S. Student teaching application is in and I've applied for graduation...what? This is strange, people.

No comments: