Friday, September 28, 2012

Wonton Tacos.

I know what you're all thinking. Mikayla is posting a recipe? Does she even cook?
Well...I'll have you know that I actually do cook on occasion...otherwise the husband would starve. Sometimes I wonder if I am starving him because even after I make a great meal he is usually in the kitchen making a PB&J two hours later. I'm told it's a guy thing.
Anyways, a few weeks ago I made these wonton tacos and they were a huge hit, the problem? The recipe I followed makes like four tacos and these things are tiny. Both Mark and I were making PB&J that night. Even though they were small they were deliciously awesome and I've been itching to give them another shot, only make enough that regular person can get full off of them. Plus to doubly make sure there was enough I even made potstickers. We're fancy over here guys.
This time around I tweaked the recipe a little bit. Really, I promise this is delicious so just stick with me here (I even have pictures as to entice you to stick with me. Sorry they're not all fancy, I don't have a super cool camera, but someday...).


Anyways, recipe time. OK, so the tacos are filled with chicken and a coleslaw mixture. So I have a recipe for the chicken, and then the rest of the directions for the tacos.
You'll need:
1 Cup of chicken
Wonton wrappers
A bag of coleslaw mix
Sesame ginger dressing (I made my own using Google, but you can buy it too)

Chicken(The part I created):
1 cup of diced chicken (Cut it as small as you can manage, these tacos are tiny)
2-3 green onions
2 cloves of garlic
1 TBSP Soy Sauce
1 tsp hot sauce (I use Sriracha, green lid, red sauce, rooster on bottle...you know what I'm talking about right?)
1 TBSP BBQ Sauce (Use your favorite, we like Sweet Baby Ray's over here)
1 TBSP ginger
Small bunch of cilantro
Put this all in a saute pan and cook together until the chicken is cooked through. Preheat your oven to 400 and take your wonton wrappers and a nonstick pan, drape your wrappers over the edges of your nonstick pan so that they create little taco shells. Pop these in the oven for about 3-4 minutes, until the wrappers have some bubbles but are still pliable. Mix your coleslaw with the sesame ginger dressing, use just enough so that everything is coated well. Fill your wrappers with chicken and the coleslaw mixture and put them into a baking dish, or the same pan you used to create the taco shape. Put them back in the oven for 5 minutes or until the edges are golden brown. This yields about 16-24 tacos depending on how generous or stingy you are with the filling. Enjoy!


No comments: