Friday, September 7, 2012

Labor Day Weekend

I had an awesome Labor Day weekend. On Friday night Mark and I drove up to Garden City to meet my parents. We picked up my race packet for the Bear Lake Monster Run and Cafe Sabor. We hit up La Beau's because that's just what you do in Garden City.
Saturday morning I woke up to pouring rain. This was a problem since it was the day of the race. No big though, I've run in rain before. It's cold, but doable. Mark and I went down to the Worldmark and awaited my race.
Confession: I originally planned on doing the 10K, and then July hit and I still couldn't run 6.2 miles without wanting to kill myself. The 10K course is basically all uphill. I wussed out and ran the 5K instead.
The turnaround point for the 5K was not exactly clear, and I, like every other runner in the race ran about a 7K. Even the winner of the race only got a time of 37:05. I've run a 5K in 32 minutes and I am not a fast runner.
I ended up coming in 14th with a stellar time of 45:07. It's not amazing, but I feel pretty good about it. Plus I got a medal! And a cool T-shirt.
Later that day we took Mark and Coulson's friend Jake on a quick tour of Paris, Idaho and then went to Minnetonka Cave. It was like my 15th time going through the tour, but it is still SO cool.
We hit up La Beau's again. I deserved some onion rings (first time in about 4 months!) after my race. 
Sunday was boating, and the sun finally came out. It was really fun and we got some awesome air on the tube. That night we played golf, since you do that when you're in Bear Lake. Dad smoked us all, I blame Mark for giving him all the good cards. All in all a pretty successful weekend.

Oh and here is me after the race. My medal is pretty awesome.

No comments: