Friday, September 17, 2010

Debating Reputation

I love my American Literature class. My dear professor, Evelyn Funda, is one of the most hilarious people I know. The class mostly consists of debating fictional character's reputations. Was James' Daisy Miller a slut? Some say yes, and others say no. So what do we do? We put her on trial.
We also sing the song, "Looking for Love in all the Wrong Places" during class. Only we change the words so we actually are singing "Looking for MEANING in all the Wrong Places" as we discuss Edna Pontiellier's mental state.
Yup, this is a good class.
Also just a short shout out to Mark who informed me of this gem:
"It literally took me like 10 minutes to find the game day shirts. I think I win the idiot of the day award." The actual mental image of Mark wandering around the bookstore looking for the game day shirts is what really makes this funny. For the record, the game day shirts are ALWAYS in the same spot. For at least the past 3 years. Just sayin.

No comments: