Friday, September 3, 2010

Quebec. May Swenson. Grammar. Croatia.

My professors are pretty dang funny...without really meaning to be. I appreciate these little gems none the less.

"The taxes from the rest of the provinces in Canada pay the welfare of Montreal," said a random boy in my class.
Professor Johnson, "Wow...that's awkward. No wonder Quebec didn't actually split from the rest of Canada. I kind of expected riots or something when the vote kept them as part of Canada. I was thinking come on people MAKE SOME NEWS. But hey...at least their cheese is better."

My literary analysis class is taught by Professor Crumbley. He's in love with May Swenson...a dead poet. At least I'm pretty sure the shrine inside the Ray B. West building was built by him. Plus he like fawned over her desk...and his hand lingered a little too long on her signature.
"Professor Crumbley? Why is May Swenson lying on a leopard print sheet on the cover of her book?"
Professor Crumbley....*crickets*.

Grammar is always pretty dang fun.
"Is expectably a word? I don't think so. This is why I'm your grammar professor."

And one last gem of the day:
Professor Johnson, "Suddenly Croatia decided they were going to declare their independence and Germany recognized them as a state immediately. We're kind of friends with Germany so we did too."

Oh education..gotta love it.

No comments: