Thursday, November 4, 2010

Hmm...now that didn't seem quite right....

I've had quite the eventful day today. Since it's Thursday and I apparently needed it.
This morning I woke up, ate cereal....pretty normal. In fact, it was pretty normal until about the exact moment I lifted my shampoo filled hand to my head and said, "OW!"
There were shooting pains suddenly shooting down my neck and back. I got very dizzy at this point....and got the nice little stars shooting across my vision. My thought process was crap...if I pass out in the shower and hit my head...people might find me...and that could be awkward. So I made it my personal goal from that moment on to get some clothes on.
I did that...it took about 25 minutes because I couldn't seem to lift my arm above my head..but I did that. I'm fairly proud of this actually, and at this point I figured I was decently prepared to seek some medical attention, albeit informal.
I didn't think it necessary to go running to the ER...but I did tell Mark of the malady(yeah I thought of Harry Potter when I wrote that word too....) and he contacted his medically inclined family. There's quite a few of them.
It was a pretty wide consensus, that though painful this was not all that uncommon. It's probably just a knot sitting close to a nerve and will eventually work itself out.
So I've been fairly drugged up all day long. Which is fine, but I do occaisionally feel weird tinglings in my right arm and some numbness which causes me to worry just little bit.
Needless to say...I didn't make it to international politics today. I did, with some help, make it to literary analysis. And by some help I mean Mark driving me to and picking me up from said class. Not that my legs don't work, but riding the shuttle usually requires holding on to a bar that is quite high for me and would hurt pretty bad to attempt at this point.
As the day wore on I felt slightly better, I even cooked dinner....as well was brownies. So I'm just hoping that whatever this was is gone by tomorrow so I can resume daily activities and actually make it to class.

No comments: