Sunday, November 7, 2010

Primary

Every single time I come home I somehow manage to get roped into teaching primary in some capacity. No joke. I'm not necessarily complaining here...because Relief Society makes me feel awfully old, but not nearly as old as primary...since the kids actually tell me I'm old.
So today I was flung into primary with at least a little bit of notice. My mother has been somewhat sick the past few days, and today was no exception. She had just told Cheryl Hoyt she would teach since Ashley just had her baby (YAY!).
My father already has a primary class of his own. I don't think he would ever say anything, but he secretly misses being part of the bishopric. So that left me to teach. So I did.
Today was Daniel and the king's food. It was a nice short lesson relating Daniel and the Word of Wisdom. The kids were bouncing of the walls, but adorably so.
In singing time....Melissa asked me to help lead the round of a song. I have no musical experience whatsoever...well that's a lie. I have some...I just hate leading. Good thing the kids had no freaking idea what the right way of leading that song looked like.
Oh and church was also worth it for this little gem from Fast and Testimony Meeting,Jackson King, you make my life:
"And I believe we all need to repent, because nobody wants to go to hell."
Dang straight kid. It may not be the best thing to say from the pulpit, but I agree with you.
And that was my Sunday.

No comments: