Monday, August 16, 2010

And now for an update...

So remember that one story I told you about the boy and the Subway sandwich? Well he caved before I even bought him the sandwich. Plus he gave ME candy! Yup, I'm good.
So now you're probably dying to know what Alex said about me that was so secret. Well I am actually sworn to secrecy. Not really, but I'm pretty sure that because this is a public forum and could possibly get back to him...seeing as though I am a public follower of his mission blog. So if you really think it will be life altering to hear what the secret was...feel free to email me. I'll tell you.
Anyways, I've been ridiculously sore the past couple of days. Why? Well I wakeboarded on Saturday. I did alright...I mean not great but I at least got up. So I went again today with Sami Dodson's wonderful family. Guess what? I got up first try. Oh and I carved....can you carve in water? Well whatever I was doing it felt like snowboarding. And I went out of the wake. I'm really cool. Yes, I am.
It rains candy at work. The Subway sandwich kid, Rhett, throws candy over the cubicle wall at me. This would be super cool except I probably shouldn't eat that much candy. So I secretly share it with my friends on my row.
Today the phones were down for about 2 hours, and I was talking to Rhett. It was kind of fun because he gave me a Reeses candy and we decided we were friends, but I told him about my book. I didn't get to go into detail on it, but seemed to think it was pretty cool.
I'm not sure why I've always thought it was some deep dark secret that I was writing. I guess I just didn't want to be like the people who flaunted it...like I'm writing a book...look at me. It's not very good...yet and I see that. But it's not something I plan on keeping secret anymore. I am writing a book and I love writing. It's part of who I am. I might as well share it, right? Well in a humble way.
Today was a good day.

No comments: