Sunday, August 15, 2010

I hate.....jean shopping.

I love shopping. Don't get me wrong. I love trying on clothes and feeling cute. I do....really.
But jean shopping sucks. Maybe if you're tall and a perfect size 2 it's not that bad of an experience. Jeans will fit you anywhere. Lucky you.
I am 5'2". Jeans don't fit right. It is abnormally frustrating trying to find a cute pair of jeans that fits up top and isn't ridiculously long.
My mom's solution: "Why don't you just grow a few inches?"
Gee thanks...if only I had thought of that! Let me just turn on the little switch in my brain that makes me 5'6" and head to bed. Tomorrow I'll be normal sized.
That would be nice, but now. I'm stuck in American Eagle asking for a 4 Short.
"Oh we don't have those in that wash. You'll have to like order them online. Are the regular ones really like long on you?" asks the bubble gum chewing sales associate.
"No I like my jeans to fit like floods. You see I live in Logan and I really hate that ring I get on my jeans when there's salt on the ground."
Apparently sarcasm is a little over this poor girl's head. I'm sure her career at American Eagle will be quite rewarding.
Anyways...I ended up in Gap trying on jeans. Which felt and looked great. Problem? They're $60 bucks. Those jeans are cute. But I'll save twenty bucks and shop somewhere else.
Jean shopping ruins my life.

No comments: