Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Motivation....

I don't have any.
No, really I don't. See everytime I sit down in a great writing mood to finish what is sure to be the next great American novel somehow...I can't do it.
I putz around with a few sentences until they sound just right...but I can't get anything of real substance to come out.
Why is it whenever I actually have time to write, I have no motivation to do it? But when finals week rolls around and I'm super stressed I suddenly have so much to say? This is not ok.
Micheangelo did not finish the Sistine Chapel while trying to write a five page paper on the grammar of Lega.
Oh, and I know Emerson was not trying to come up with a good thesis for his sociology essay when he was writing.
Or maybe....these guys were geniuses and made it just fine flunking out of college. I can't do that...so I'll just have to deal with having no motivation right now. But you can bet that as soon as I have a big paper due...I'll have plenty of motivation.

No comments: