Monday, August 23, 2010

WHAT? They don't have JOY?

Saturday night I was somewhat bored, made worse by the fact that I had deep cleaned my room all day long. So me and my mom went to the mall to do some school shopping and of course we had to stop at Target on the way home.
After browsing through the organizational pieces that interested me, my mom says very loudly in front of a Target employee, "What else were we here for again?"
"I think we got everything, mom," I replied.
"No we came here for something else!"
We really didn't, but she decided to just stand in the aisle figuring it out. I on the otherhand stood there awkwardly while this african american boy, braids and all stood laughing at the two of us.
When I had finally pulled my mother away we went into the dish soap aisle to buy....dish soap. My mom stopped and looked at me and very seriously said, "WHAT? They don't have JOY?"
That boy was pretty close so I just rolled my eyes, "Mom just buy some Palmolive or Dawn. There's not a whole lot of difference."
Then my mother considered to stand there trying to figure out which dish soap to buy for about five minutes. All the while the very same boy is stocking the shelves in the aisle we're in.
We FINALLY walk away, and my mom says, "That boy was checking you out."
"No, mom. He just thinks we're retarded and have to think about dish soap for ten minutes."
"Nope, I think he was checking you out."
That would have been somewhat alright...if the boy had been cute. But this boy wasn't cute. So I'm still kind of surprised she went to those lengths because she thought I was getting checked out.
Oh dear.

No comments: