Thursday, August 5, 2010

What? Overtime? 8 hours? Ok....

In the spirit of keeping busy, I was asked to help with the mentor program at Pinnacle this week. I accepted, and then was asked to work a few hours in the morning before mentoring started.
Overtime pay is time and a half. So, naturally, I accepted. Money is money.
I had Friday off, but Kathleen wanted me to mentor on Friday too...I'd already picked up about 5 hours of overtime so working Friday would mean getting Saturday off.
Not so much. They really wanted me to work Saturday too...so they approved 3 more hours of overtime. Bringing me to 8 hours.
Well I'm kind of stupid. This is a lot of work. 9 1/2 hours a day is kind of crazy.
Oh and I'm going crazy too, just in case you wondering.
I check the mailbox even when I KNOW there's not going to be anything there. This is really pathetic.

No comments: