Sunday, August 29, 2010

Are you sure you want to do that?

So....Friday night, I went on a date with subway sandwich boy. Where to begin...well how about chronologically?
First, Rhett suggested we go see Charlie St. Cloud...which I said wouldn't be a good idea not because I don't like that movie, but because I always cry in it and I was sure he would take advantage of that.
He then suggested New Moon, which I agreed to mostly because the time worked out the best.
So his car had broken down, and I picked him up, and met his parents. Which was a little awkard, but I was ok with it.
When he said goodbye to his mom I felt way bad, because he said bye to her like he might never see her again. Sad moment.
Then we went to the movie. He really wanted to hold my hand...OBVIOUSLY. My hands were folded the ENTIRE time. Until he finally relaxed somewhat so that I could too. His hand this one time hit the armrest really hard and really loudly. I wasn't going to say anything, but I started laughing and he knew I had seen it.
The movie part was actually pretty nice. We laughed at the movie, and we had a good time.
Then we went and got ice cream at Macey's and talked for like and hour and a half. I feel like I got a much better feel for who Rhett is as a person. He's a really amazing person.
This next part I'm going to blame on my stick shift car. My hand has to be on the gear shift most of the time...because I have to shift. It was just sitting there...more poor little hand completely unprotected. Then he took it!
Me in all of my brilliance chose to say, "Are you sure you want to do that?" I don't really remember what he said, but I know that my mouth was just gushing words uncontrollably and intelligably. I did manage to get out, "I need to shift now." And I took my hand away.
He didn't try to take my hand again after that. I felt bad that I had kind of shut him down, but there were all of these emotions swirling around in my head. Did I want him to hold my hand? There were just a bunch of weird things going on. I didn't know how to handle the situation.
Then in his drive way he did this weird car hug thing. But I figured since we weren't at his door step I was safe from him trying anything else that I might not be alright with on a first date or with him. Confusion.
You know what this boy did? He kissed me on the cheek. You know what I said to that? "You're a little intense sometimes."
Huh? What the crap is wrong with me? I was really thinking I would be able to say something more coherent than that.
He then got out of the car..and I drove around for like twenty minutes trying to figure out what was going on. It was really confusing.
I'm still pretty confused about this whole thing. I feel like this whole thing has move a little too fast. So I'm slowing it down...oh and I'm up at school and I really feel like I need to be single right now.
Oh my days....what a life I lead.

No comments: