Thursday, August 19, 2010

It is raining...candy?

Do you remember Subway sandwich boy? Well...we're friends now. I should probably start using his real name...which is Rhett. Anyways, he likes to throw candy over the cubicles at me right?
Well he tends to also come by everyday to tell me bye. Which is a little weird....but Braden finds it pretty funny.
So today Rhett comes and says bye, but stops for a moment to chat with me. (P.S. My desk isn't anywhere near the exit...actually it's in the opposite direction)
"Ok I'm out of here," says Rhett.
I look up to see his hand basically in my face, so I give him a high five, "See ya tomorrow."
Braden chimes in, "Bye!"
"Uh...so I can't share my candy anymore," Rhett says.
I laugh, "I'm sure I'll survive without it. No worries." This kid is a serious enabler of my chocolate addiction.
Braden looks really upset, he is benefitting quite extensively from my candy throwing friend, "Why not?!"
"Rayna wants the candy just to be for our row," Rhett explains.
I shrug, "Sounds reasonable. I think we'll be just fine."
Braden doesn't look like he's going to be just fine, but Rhett looks to me and says, "Don't worry I'll still give you some." And then "shhhh" motion. I'm not sure if there's a verb for that. Anyways....this kid leaves and I'm like dying of laughter.
But then Braden and I started thinking about this....Why is this boy coming over there to tell me that? Braden thinks he just wanted to start a conversation of some sort. I think he's right, but I also think it was a test to make sure I wasn't using him for candy.
Once I said this, Braden agreed. But I apparently passed the test. Braden says I am using this poor boy for candy.
I am not. Candy is just a really good plus in our friendship. I wouldn't say no if this boy asked me on a date either...luckily I'm out of here in a week. So I can escape this whole...I don't want to seriously date you because I'm really just not that interested in dating right now plus I need to be single this year going up to college, which could be fairly awkward. And would inevitably come up if this boy did decide he wanted to date me.
If he even is thinking about that. Which Braden says he is. Which I kind of think so too...good thing I move out of here in a week.

1 comment:

Braden said...

So I would just like to comment on this because you make me out to be FAR more upset about the candy rain stopping than I actually was. The expression on my face was not due to any sort of feelings about not getting candy anymore, it was an expression of confusion about why this boy was being told what to do with his own candy. I'm not really even the candy type...nor am I the type to comment on someone's blog, but I felt I needed to clear my name a little. That is all.